To provide the best care for your pet, try to arrange an in-home visit where s/he can be examined and all important issues discussed. Prescriptions are illegal without a physical exam.
If you want to discuss your pet's specific circumstances (disease, symptoms, etc.) and get advice, a phone consultation may be appropriate.
Phone consults can provide advice on topics like:
- How to evaluate quality of life in your pet
- Specific signs to determine if euthanasia is appropriate
- How to evaluate your pet’s pain
- Dealing with a paralyzed pet
- Discussing care surrounding a "natural" death
- Ongoing medication management
- Palliative and Hospice care considerations